POSITION: Nursing Assistant
Responsible to: Director/Registered Nurse
General Description of Responsibilities
The Nursing Assistant is a valuable team member who provides direct assistance to the participants of the Adult Care Center.
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Providing direct assistance to the participants of the Center in the performance of activities of daily living and personal care .
- Assisting with the serving of snacks and meals and aiding participants who require direct feeding, and/or safety monitoring. Assisting with clean-up.
- Monitoring participants for safety and wellness, and notifying staff of changes in condition, including responding appropriately in emergency situations.
- Taking participant vital signs: blood pressure, pulse, respiration and temperature, as directed by the registered nurse.
- Relaying relevant information to the registered nurse, director and other staff as necessary. Relaying and charting requested information which may include: vital signs, meal consumption, liquid intake, and daily BM and urine amounts.
- Providing walking and transfer assistance.
- Assisting Center participants engage in recreational and therapeutic activities.
- Assisting in the maintenance of cleanliness and neatness in the Center environment, including housekeeping chores.
- Obtaining a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education annually
- Personal supplies inventory
- Catheter and colostomy care as needed
High school graduation or GED
Current Certified Nursing Assistant license preferred.
Current CPR and FIRST AIDE Certification (or obtain within 1 year of hiring)
Employment Application – fill out and drop off to 411 N. Cameron St., Suite 100, Winchester, VA 22601