At the Adult Care Center we support both our participants and their caregivers.
Our staff works closely with caregivers and regularly advises them of any perceived changes or developments in the behavior or health of their loved one. They also give guidance for home care, as appropriate, and recommend reading materials, videos, and other resources.
For an appointment contact:
Marilyn Hamilton , RN
Adult Care Center
Resources That May Help:
- Greater Winchester Area Parkinson’s Support Group For info, call group facilitator: Cheryl Reames 540-662-4632. Meets at Winchester Church of God on 522 North
- Alzheimer’s Association: Alz.org 24/7 HELPLINE 1-800-272-3900
LOCAL ALZHEIMER’S SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS:
Caregivers are welcome to attend any of these community-based support group meetings. Call the number provided for additional information.
Dates and times may vary due to COVID-19. Please call each location.
- Greenfield Assisted Living- 413 McClellan St., Berryville; last Wednesday of the month at 12:00. Contact: Connie Clem 703-237-5606
- Samuels Library- 330 Criser Rd, Front Royal; 3rd Thursday at 2:30. Contact: Vickie Harris-Williams 540-636-2800 email@example.com
- Willows at Meadow Branch-1881 Harvest Dr., Winchester; 3rd Wednesday at 2:00. Contact: Bob Bell 540-313-4207
- Westminster-Canterbury-300 Westminster-Canterbury Dr., Winchester; 3rd Thursday at 1:00. Contact: Danielle Weatherholtz-Palmer 540-665-5916
Praise for Adult Day Services!
Family caregivers of older adults with dementia are less stressed and their moods are improved on days when dementia patients receive adult day services (ADS), according to Penn State researchers. Click on this link and read the full press release to learn more about studies at Penn State.